Multicultural events and programs
MOSAIC Multicultural Centre run a range of activities, classes and programs for Willoughby residents, including:
- English learning program
- Community language program
- Leisure activities
- Community social groups
- Technology program for seniors
- School holiday program.
These programs are designed to bring our residents together, provide support and promote the sharing of different cultures and interests.
Early 2022, the MOSAIC Multicultural Centre is moving to a new home at Dougherty Community Centre, 7 Victor Street, Chatswood. Various courses are delivered online or face to face. For more information, browse program brochures below, phone 9777 7952 or email email@example.com.
MOSAIC also arranges activities and events for community celebrations such as Harmony Day, a day of cultural respect for everyone who calls Australia home, and the Emerge Festival, an annual cultural and arts festival held throughout September.
Volunteer at MOSAIC
MOSAIC Multicultural Centre provides around 50 regular activities onsite and online. All activities are designed and delivered by volunteers with support from the Centre Supervisor. Volunteer teachers are required to commit to 1.5 - 2 hours each week for a minimum of 6 months. Social Group volunteers have various responsibilities but usually volunteer for at least one year. Other short term volunteer positions are available for event, holiday activities and relief roles.
By becoming a volunteer you will:
- Enhance your knowledge of local multicultural communities and their cultures and traditions
- Share your talents and passion for the local community
- Work with a great team
- Develop new skills and gain local experience
- Meet members of the local community and make new friends
- Be an excellent role model for newly arrived migrants
- Make a real contribution to fostering multiculturalism and community capacity building.
MOSAIC provides a range of activities that you could get involved th:
- Facilitating ethno-specific community groups
- Teaching English or popular community languages
- Teaching art, craft, dance and exercises
- Cultural events and projects
- School holiday program
- Office duties
- Language support.
Apply to volunteer at MOSAIC via our online form.