Tree and vegetation management
Council works with the community to protect trees and ensure that the future of Willoughby will be green.
Vegetation Management Policy
Trees and vegetation are managed by the Vegetation Management Policy(PDF, 136KB). This policy brings together a suite of documents (listed below) and consolidates various plans, policies and procedures for vegetation protection, management, connectivity and sustainability.
Urban Tree Management Policy(PDF, 1MB)
Strategic framework to guide the protection, care, maintenance and management of trees throughout the Willoughby local government area.
- tree protection
- habitat protection, recovery and connectivity
- tree asset management
- community engagement
Vegetation Management Guidelines(PDF, 1MB)
The Vegetation Management Guideline supports, and should be used with reference to, the Vegetation Management Policy.
- clearing trees and vegetation
- tree report requirements
- replacement planting
- street trees
- nature strip / verge management
- volunteer and education programs
- community gardens
- temporary access over community land
Willoughby Street Tree Master Plan(PDF, 5MB)
The Willoughby Street Tree Master Plan establishes the strategic framework to guide the provision, selection and planting of street trees throughout the City.
- landscape context and selection criteria
- street tree precinct plans
|C.9 Vegetation Management of Willoughby Development Control Plan (WDCP)
This component of Willoughby Development Control Plan (WDCP) is made under Part 3 of State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017 (Vegetation SEPP).
- permit required for clearing of vegetation
- development application required for clearing of vegetation
- development applications under Part 4.2 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- replacement trees
- vegetation management guidelines
|Willoughby Natural Heritage Register
||Register of heritage places and items including natural vegetation communities, remnant native trees, fauna habitat and geological features.
|Urban Bushland Plan of Management
||The overarching plan for all bushland areas in Willoughby.
Pruning and Removing Trees
For advice on tree health and preservation, please contact Council on 9777 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.