Want to switch to certified renewable energy? It is easy to switch to buy renewable and support the renewable industry for a low carbon future.
First, reduce your consumption through energy efficiency, then purchase the highest amount of certified renewable energy you can afford, directly through your energy provider.
- See the Green Electricity Guide for an independent comparison of energy providers in Australia.
- Go to GreenPower to buy certified renewable energy.
- Explore options for solar power on your home. Make the most of Council's Solar Bulk Buy opportunity which provide residents with quality solar power and battery products at a preferential price.
- Recharge your electric vehicle through Council’s solar farm charging stations. View our map of charging points.
A few additional tips to help select a sustainable energy provider:
- Check whether the retailer is certified by Climate Active, which works in partnership with the Australian Government.
- Check if the company are actively investing in sustainable energy sources.
- If it's owned by a larger parent company, what are their green investments?
- Look closely at energy fact sheets provided by retailers, which include details of rates and any green energy or carbon neutral options.