Naremburn Park

Naremburn Park

Area: 3.49 ha (including sportsgrounds)

Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’. The park is a Crown Land reserve. It was originally part of a 140-acre dedication for public recreation in 1869, with Willoughby Council as the Trustee.

The 2 sportsgrounds are surrounded by a perimeter walking track which is lit by solar powered lights.

Mosaic inlays by Suzie Bleach decorate the path next to the railway line which forms part of “Wilksch Walk” (St Leonards Station to Tunks Park). 

The playground is named Don Wilson playground. It is “leafy” with leaf seats, leaf impressions in the pathway and leaf shaped lawns. The playground features swings, embankment slides, sandpit, rockers, climbing net, flying fox, timber balance challenge and bamboo forest.

The park is located 800m from train and bus stops. There is off street parking on Park Rd and next to the top oval at the continuation of Frances St. There is on street parking along Station St and Dalleys Rd.


Naremburn Park, Park Road, Naremburn 2065  View Map

Google Map