Artarmon Reserve

Artarmon Reserve Bushcare

Area: 10.02 ha (including bushland reserve, playground and sportsground)

William Gore (1772-1845) was provost marshall of the colony of NSW 1806-1819. He received a land grant of 150 acres (60.7 hectares) in East Artarmon in 1810 which he called 'Artarmon Farm' after his family’s estate in County Sligo, Ireland (Ardtermon Castle). Gore at one stage owned about 590 acres (238 hectares) in Artarmon and adjoining suburbs which became known as the Artarmon Estate.

The Artarmon Reserve began as a 17 acre (6.9 hectares) park in 1913 and subsequently the Council purchased additional land to the north including the old Artarmon Bowling Club land in Burra Road. Artarmon Bowling Club land was purchased in two stages which added another 2 acres ( hectares) to the reserve. The combined area is now known as the Artarmon Parklands.

Access to the carparks is from Burra Road. The Artarmon Link Path (Cordia Way) is a wide, gently undulating pedestrian/cycle path that runs from Shepherd Road to Artarmon Reserve (entering the reserve on the northern side next to the bowling club). The path continues around the field to join the Naremburn cycleway which runs under the freeway to Bicentennial Park. There is a walking track from the lower carpark to Elizabeth Street and Artarmon Station and another pedestrian entrance to the railway corridor between 52 Burra Road and the southern subway. The lower carpark is level with the sportsfield.

The playground features a flying fox, large embankment slides, spinner, climbing structures, a sandpit, trampolines and swings including a basket swing. There are picnic shelters, an accessible bubbler and a combination of natural and built shade.

It is 250m to Artarmon Station from the park entrance, and 120m to a taxi stand.


Burra Road, Artarmon Reserve, Artarmon 2064  View Map

Google Map