Barambah Reserve

Area: 1869m2

HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”.

There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve.

Location

Barambah Reserve, Between nos 18 and 34 Barambah S, Roseville 2069  View Map

Google Map
Tagged as: