We’re pleased to be reopening our facilities according to NSW Government public health orders.
Area North: 1.27 ha; Area South: 1,404m²
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Blue Gums in the band of Tall Open Forest which screens the Gore Hill Freeway from view were once a dominant tree of the North Shore.
Flat Rock Creek flowed through the gully in the middle of the park before the construction of the Gore Hill Freeway in the late 1980s/early 1990s. The Creek is now channelled through a very large underground pipe beside the freeway which becomes an open concrete culvert in the park, before making its way to Middle Harbour. The park is managed as part of a system of ecological linkages forming a wildlife corridor between the Lane Cove River and Middle Harbour (Artarmon Reserve, Richmond Avenue Reserve, Prentice Park, Fleming Park, Bicentennial Reserve, Flat Rock Gully, Tunks Park and Northbridge Park.)
Artarmon Park, Cnr Parkes Rd and Hampden Rd, Artarmon 2064 View Map
Artarmon Park, Cnr Parkes Rd and Hampden Rd ,
Artarmon Park - Kookaburra in palm