Conditions of use
For the safety and comfort of all, passengers of The Loop and Artarmon Loop bus services must comply with following conditions:
- Must follow the instruction of the bus driver at all times.
- Passengers are to be polite and considerate of other passengers and the driver.
- Passengers are responsible for their own mobility and safety when boarding and leaving the bus.
- Personal items should not be placed in the aisles or areas near the front or rear doors, or elsewhere that could cause safety issues.
- If at any time there is a need to evacuate the bus, all personal items must be left on the bus.
- Collapsible wheelchairs and mobility aids must be placed on a vacant seat.
- Wheelchair and ride-on scooter passengers on non-collapsible chairs and scooters;
- Can only board and alight the accessible bus at an accessible bus stop that has disabled and loop bus signs. The accessible bus stops are shown on the service maps.
- Must wait at the bus stop on the concrete pad provided at the accessible bus stops, at least one metre away from the kerb before boarding the ramp.
- Must not access the wheelchair ramp of the bus without the bus driver’s consent
- Are encouraged to have a carer to assist access to the bus or be able to push themselves onto the wheelchair ramp without the bus driver’s assistance.
- Be using a wheelchair or scooter that complies with the Australian Standard Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002
If a passenger is not complying with the conditions of use or refuses to do so, the bus driver can stop the journey and request the passenger leave the bus at the next appropriate bus stop.