Archipaws Pet Portrait Competition 2021
Closing date extended to Friday 13 August for all entries due to Council office closure. Posting encouraged for physical entries in the event of extended lockdown.
Make your pet famous on flags in Chatswood CBD
- Competition opens from Monday 21 June 2021
- Submissions due by 5pm on Friday 13 August 2021
Now in its fourth year, artists of all 2D media are encouraged to enter the Archipaws Pet Portrait competition. Entries are accepted from painters, illustrators and photographers. It’s preferred that portraits feature pets positioned with direct eye contact with the viewer.
The top 20 entries will have their artwork transformed into flags in the Chatswood CBD to promote Pet Festival 2021.
Finalists will be presented with their prize pack at the Pet Festival on Sunday 3 October 2021, 9am – 3pm at Artarmon Reserve, Burra Rd, Artarmon.
Physical and digital entries are accepted.
Key artwork conditions:
- The entry must be in portrait format at a 2:1 ratio.
- The physical entry must not be larger than 40cm in height and 20cm in width.
- Canvas entries should stick to the 2:1 ratio for the pet’s image, the sides of the canvas would be cropped in the flag reproduction.
- The digital entry must be at least 150dpi resolution
- Physical artworks are to be posted to Willoughby City Council by the closing date.
To enter your details and to upload your digital entry or high quality artwork scan, please fill in the application:
Click here to view form.
Monday, 21 June 2021 | 12:00 AM
- Friday, 13 August 2021 | 05:00 PM