Chatswood CBD road closures on 5 February for Lunar New Year parade
Published on 27 January 2023
Willoughby City Council will be hosting a Twilight Lantern Parade in Chatswood CBD on Sunday 5 February 2023 from 7.30pm – 8.30pm as part of the Chatswood Year of the Rabbit Festival.
The Lunar New Year Twilight Lantern Parade will start on Hercules Street and run along Victoria Ave and Anderson St, finishing at Endeavour St.
To facilitate this, temporary road closures will be in place, as outlined below:
Temporary road closure from approximately 5.00pm to 8.00pm during the parade:
- Hercules St and Oscar St from Chatswood Place car park entrance/exit
- Victoria Ave between Hercules St and Archer St
- Bertram St and Neridah St from Victoria Ave to Albert Ave (local access only)
- Havilah St between Victoria Ave and Nicholson St (local access only)
Temporary road closure from approximately 6.30pm to 8.30pm during the parade:
- Victoria Ave between Archer St and Anderson St
- Anderson St from Endeavour St to Charlotte Lane
- Kirk Street and Mills Lane
Temporary road closure from approximately 7.00pm to 8.30pm during the parade:
- Archer St between Albert Ave and Malvern Ave
See more information about our Lunar New Year Year of the Rabbit festival here.
Please see the below map which explains the proposed closures: