COVID-19 update - Council's facilities and services
Published on 07 July 2021
The NSW Premier has today announced that the lockdown for residents of Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong will be extended until 11.59pm on Friday 30 July.
The health and safety of our staff and community are our top priority. Therefore, all non-essential public facing services of Council and facilities remain closed. We continue to provide essential services including waste collection and services to the most vulnerable in our community.
We thank you for your support and patience while we work to keep our community safe and
ask that you continue to follow the rules and support each other.
Closed facilities and services
- Customer Service Centre at 31 Victor Street
- Dougherty Centre
- Willoughby Leisure Centre
- Willoughby Libraries - Chatswood and all branches
- All sportsground pavilions
- Art Space on The Concourse
- Incinerator Art Space
- Dougherty Centre café (Blend)
- Chatswood Youth Centre
- Willoughby Park Centre
- Zenith Theatre
- Joe Ciantar Music Rehearsal Studio
- Unstaffed Community Facilities (West Chatswood, Naremburn, Castle Cove and Artarmon)
- The Concourse - ticketholders for cancelled performances will be contacted regarding refunds.
- Community Recycling Centre Northern Sydney - please save items until after the lockdown
- Chatswood Mall Markets
Essential services continuing
- Waste collection
- Street cleansing
- Meals on Wheels
- Construction projects for the community
Customer service: phone, email or visit our website
Our customer service centre at 31 Victor Street, Chatswood is closed. However, we will continue to serve you through a number of other channels, including phone, email and through our website.
Our call centre is still operating and our staff are well equipped to respond to wide range of service requests and to provide information about our services and programs.
Contact us on 02 9777 1000 from 9am-5pm week days.
You can also email us at: email@example.com
Use our online services to report an issue, lodge complying Development Consents and Development Applications, track applications, make bookings and payments.
Justice of the Peace
To access Justice of the Peace services visit www.jp.nsw.gov.au
Our childcare services remain open and fully staffed.
Recreation and outdoor spaces
Our playgrounds and exercise equipment will remain open and our cleaning services maintained to allow you and your families to exercise.
All public toilets will remain open with cleaning regimes in place.
From 28 June, we’re leaving the lights on Monday to Friday evenings until 8pm to provide additional opportunities to get outdoors, at these major ovals:
- Gore Hill
- Willoughby Park
- Castle Cove Park
- Thomson Park
- Mowbray Road Public School Oval
- Rotary Athletics
Northbridge Baths and amenities are open
Under the current Public Health Order section 2.4, natural pools can remain open during the lockdown period from 26 June to 9 July.
While visiting we ask our community to adhere to the NSW Health COVID Safe hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
Council rangers will patrol this venue regularly to monitor compliance with NSW Health COVID-Safe guidelines.
To help keep Northbridge Baths open for community exercise and recreation:
- Maintain social distancing by staying 1.5 metres apart
- Wear a mask (except when swimming)
- Gather in groups of no more than 10 people
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Follow the 1 per 4 square meter rule when using the amenities block
Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in closure of the amenities block.
Willoughby City Library
While the libraries are closed, enjoy the digital collections during lockdown. Library members have free access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, movies and more. See what is available here.
More information on COVID-19
Please see NSW Health website or the Australian Government Department of Health for the most accurate and up-to-date information.