Community Recycling Centre - Northern Sydney
Your local Community Recycling Centre is now open!
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drive through and drop off household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins. This is a free service.
You can drop off the following items for FREE:
- Paint (oil and water based)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes
- Electronic Waste (eg. computers, TVs, electronic equipment and small electrical appliances). White goods are not accepted
- Household batteries
- Lead Acid Batteries eg car & motorbike batteries
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil)
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- X-ray films
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the items listed above.
Household chemicals such as household cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals will not be accepted at the CRC. These items must be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. To find your closest event, visit CleanOut.com.au.
Storing and Transporting your Wastes
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates, and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
Willoughby, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, North Sydney and Ryde Councils are pleased to have joined together with assistance from the NSW EPA to reduce and manage Household Problem Waste by establishing our new Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. Visit epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres for more information.