On Call Clean Up
In addition to the three free scheduled clean up services, Council provides residents with one free on call clean up service each financial year and a flexible pre-paid on call service that allows you to book extra pick-ups when required. These On Call Clean Up Services can be used either for bulk vegetation or for general household goods but cannot be used for a mixture of the two.
All household items from these clean-ups end up in landfill. If you have household items that are in good condition that you no longer need, access our Collection and Re-Homing Service to dispose of these responsibly.
To book your free pick-up, call the Help and Service Centre on 9777 1000.
Please note that there is a limited number of free on-call clean-up services per week. At busy periods you may need to book 1-2 weeks in advance.
To book and pay for a pre-paid service, send in a Pre-paid On Call Clean Up Service Form.
For current fees, see Fees and Charges or contact the Help and Service Centre on 9777 1000.
Once you have booked the service, you can then place your items on your nature strip the Sunday evening before the scheduled collection week. Please make sure you don't put out more than 2 cubic metres (2m3 ) of material.
Check here for a list of acceptable and unacceptable household items for this service.
If using this service for vegetation, please note:
Acceptable vegetation items:
- Tree prunings and loppings
- Untreated timber
- Christmas trees
- Palings (no nails) maximum 1/2 cubic metre
- All vegetation must be tied with string into manageable bundles
- Do not place vegetation in plastic bags
- All tree branches, untreated timber and Christmas trees must be cut into 1m lengths
- Tree branches must be no thicker than 75mm in diameter
Unacceptable vegetation material:
- Untied or loose vegetation
- Vegetation in plastic bags
- Painted or chemically treated timber or pine
- Tree stumps
- Whole wood pallets
- Building timber
- Whole fences
- General garbage
- Timber with nails