Planning Proposals

From April 2021, Council only accepts online PP applications via the Department of Planning, Industry & Environment (DPIE)’s ePlanning Portal.

Please do not submit / post your applications to Council.

Land rezoning is a formal process that amends the planning controls relating to a parcel(s) of land. Rezoning land can result in an increase or decrease to the range of permissible uses on the subject land or change the development standards that are applicable. Land can only be rezoned through a formal amendment to the current statutory planning controls which is the Willoughby Local Environmental Plan 2012 (WLEP).

For more information on Local Planning and Zoning, visit DPIE’s website.

The preparation of a Planning Proposal (PP) is the first step in making an amendment to the existing LEP. A planning proposal is a document that explains the intended effect of, and justification for, the proposed amendment. Under the new legislation, Council must prepare and submit a planning proposal to the DPIE for consideration of an amendment to the LEP.

Find out more information on the process of Planning Proposals

See this guideline on the DPIE’s website on how to prepare your Planning Proposal.

Lodge a Planning Proposal (PP)