Recycling just got easier with our partner, RecycleSmart!
We want to empower our residents to improve their recycling practices, live more sustainably and work towards becoming a zero waste community. So, we’ve partnered with RecycleSmart to make it easier.
Residents can book their Power Pickup in 3 clicks from the app (or website), leave their bag of recyclables at their door and a local and friendly driver will come and make sure every item is properly recycled.
Explaining the Power Pickup
Recycling the tricky stuff (like e-waste and clothing) is now as easy as pie:
- Scoop up all those tough-to-recycle things and fill up a shopping bag.
- Book a pickup in 3 clicks from the RecycleSmart app or website and pick a date that suits you. We collect Monday to Friday, and you don’t even need to be home.
- Your 2 options:
- Subscribe for a FREE and recurring Power Pickup. RecycleSmart will collect up to 2 bags for free each time. You can skip, edit or cancel anytime until 4pm the night before, and you can add additional bags for $5 each.
- Or book a Power Pickup as often as needed for $5 per bag (min. 2 bags).
- Place the bag/s outside your house on the pickup date before 8am. The RecycleSmart team will come to your doorstep and ensure your waste is properly recycled. We weigh every bag we collect, so you can keep track of your recycling records!
Want to know more about how to pack your waste, what bags to use and how the collection works? Check out the RecycleSmart FAQ here.
Any questions, get in touch with the friendly RecycleSmart team by email at email@example.com.
- E-waste: Small electronics, appliances, batteries and mobile phones
- Soft plastics: plastics that can be scrunched such as bread bags, biscuit packaging, bubble wrap, produce bags
- Textiles in good condition including clothing, shoes, bags, towels, bed line
- Textiles in non-reusable condition: clothes and bed linen that cannot be reused (separate and clearly label your wearable and non-wearable textiles)
- Sneakers and other sports shoes (separate and clearly label your wearable and non-wearable shoes)
- Takeaway coffee cups and lids emptied, rinsed and separated
- Books, toys and CDs/DVDs in good condition
- Aluminum coffee pods in sealed plastic bag
- Empty cosmetics and skincare or haircare packaging
- Lightbulbs, paint (sealed), x-ray films, printer cartridges
- Blister packs (trialling collection)
- And more, find the full list on the Recycle Smart website here.
- Note, we DO NOT collect polystyrene, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, nail polish remover bottles and needles/syringes.
Get started now