RiverBlue Movie Screening and Q&A
Start Date & Time:
Thursday, 4 April 2019 6:00 pm
End Date & Time:
Thursday, 4 April 2019 9:00 pm
Zenith Theatre, Corner of Mcintosh St & Railway Street, Chatswood
Mark The Fashion Revolution with this free film screening of the award-winning documentary RiverBlue, the movie that documents the destruction of some of the world’s most vital rivers through the manufacture of our clothing.
Alex Van Os, Eco-fashion stylist and Red Cross Ambassador will join us to provide solutions that inspire hope for a sustainable future.
Watch the trailer here: riverbluethemovie.eco
Complimentary nibbles will be provided before the movie, and drinks can be purchased at the bar. All attendees will receive a complimentary tote bag made from upcycled t-shirts, donated by local group Tees to Totes.
Fun and interactive community stalls to browse before the movie:
- Room A Recycled Products – Your chance to buy some unique handmade goodies like cushions, aprons, scrunchies and more, all made locally from recycled denim and with love!
- Boomerang Bags – Purchase some unique tote bags hand made by our local volunteer-run community groups, all from recycled fabric.
- Tees to Totes – Learn how to make your own tote shopping bag from an old T-shirt with their easy no-sew method!
- 5:45pm: Doors open, stalls & nibbles
- 7pm: Film screening
- 8:40pm: Q&A and lucky door prize
Recycle your Old Denim!
- Bring a pair of denim jeans, jacket or skirt in good condition and we will donate them to a local charity or someone in need on your behalf
- Bring any damaged denim garments that can’t be worn anymore and we will ensure they are recycled into new materials
We are hosting this event in the lead up to Fashion Revolution. April 24 marks Fashion Revolution Day; the anniversary of the Rana Plaza factory collapse in Bangladesh, and a day of advocacy to encourage sustainability and transparency in fashion supply chains.
Please note: While our activities are FREE to attend, they do cost money to run. If you have booked and can no longer come, please let us know as soon as you can. We often have a wait list for events and can fill your place with advanced notice. We try to run our program sustainably, keeping catering and materials wastage to a minimum. Thank you.
Environmental Educators on 0297771000 or email Env.firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Newsletter: Subscribe to our e.newsletter to find out about all of Willoughby’s events and activities.
Back to Event Listing
Processing your booking, do not refresh your page