Chinese New Year Celebrations
Start Date & Time:
Saturday, 24 February 2018 10:00 am
End Date & Time:
Saturday, 24 February 2018 5:00 pm
Chatswood, Victoria Ave, Chatswood
Welcome in the Year of the Dog at the annual Chinese New Year Festival, one of the largest Chinese New Year celebrations in Sydney
The Festival, hosted by Willoughby City Council and the Chinese Cultural Centre NSW, will include a Welcome Ceremony at 11:00 am, followed by spectacular Dragon and Lion Dances in Chatswood Mall.
This year’s entertainment program includes a Chinese Kung Fu, magic show, acrobatics, folk dances and much more. A variety of market stalls selling arts, craft and delicious Chinese food will line Chatswood Mall from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, against the backdrop of colourful New Year decorations.
“Willoughby’s Chinese New Year Festival is one of our biggest and most popular events, a time when the whole community comes together to celebrate our City’s rich multicultural diversity and enjoy the colourful, cultural entertainment of lion and dragon dancing, acrobats, magicians and more,” Willoughby Mayor Gail Giles-Gidney said.
“May the Year of the Dog bring peace, prosperity and good fortune to all - Kung Hei Fat Choy! Zhōngguó xīn nián kuài lè! Happy Chinese New Year!” she said.
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm | Markets
- 11:00 am | welcoming ceremony
- 11:30 am | Dragon & lion performance
- 1:00 pm | Kung Fu Performance
- 1:20 pm | Children’s Dances
- 1:35 pm | Cantonese Opera Singing
- 1:55 pm | Chinese Music Ensemble
- 2:10 pm | Song With Dance: The Happy Chinese New Year
- 2:14 pm | Folk Song Chorus
- 2:34 pm | Chinese Opera: My Hometown Beijing
- 2:38 pm | Mongolian Dance
- 2:43 pm | Tenor Solo
- 2:47 pm | Changing Face
- 2:57 pm | D & A Group: Writings on the Wall
- 3:02 pm | Dance: Ode to Pear Blossom
- 3:06 pm | Guitar Playing and Singing
- 3:11 pm | Male Song Performance
- 3:17 pm | Children’s Chorus
- 3:21 pm | Girls Group
- 3:25 pm | The Medley
- 3:40 pm | I still Call Australia Home
- 3:45 pm | Closing and dragon & lion performance at Concourse Courtyard
Chinese Cultural Centre on 9411 3799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Newsletter: Subscribe to our e.newsletter to find out about all of Willoughby’s events and activities.
Back to Event Listing
Processing your booking, do not refresh your page