Tech Savvy for Small Business - Social Media for Work
Start Date & Time:
Wednesday, 18 October 2017 9:30 am
End Date & Time:
Wednesday, 15 November 2017 2:30 pm
Chatswood Library on The Concourse, Lower Ground, 409 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
Places Available: Booked Out
This course will provide students with the skills needed to establish and maintain a networking presence, using the most common social media tools and applications for both work and social purposes. Topics include:
- Represent a business using social media and networking tools
- Use social media tools to communicate and collaborate with colleagues, clients, and future employers
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Various methods of accessing and using social media tools – via Windows PC and mobile digital devices
This course is for small business owners and their staff. You must have a personal Facebook account and be familiar with its use, including:
- Following the News Feed
- Creating different types of posts to your Facebook Friends
- Navigate the Facebook Interface on a computer (Windows PC or Mac)
- Basic internet skills
Some Windows PCs provided but we recommend you bring your own laptops to class to complete your assessments during the sessions.
You will also require a mobile digital device for at least two of the sessions, eg. smartphone, iPad/tablet.
You will need to allocate time outside of the sessions to complete the assessment tasks. Upon successful completion of this course a Statement of Attainment for the following two units of competency will be achieved:
- ICTWEB201: Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- ICTICT104: Use digital devices
- An Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
- Aged 15 years or older
- Not at school
- Living or working in NSW.
Participants need to apply for a USI number and submit their enrolment form by Tuesday, 10 October, 2017.
Please be advised that by enrolling in this course commencing on Wednesday 18 October, you confirm your commitment for all 5 weeks. The course will run on Wednesdays 18 & 25 October, and 1, 8 & 15 November.
For application and enrolment information, please register your details by using the Book Now button below.
Tech Savvy for Small Business is conducted by Northern Beaches Community College RTO ID 90113. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Willoughby City Library on 9777 7900 or email email@example.com
E-Newsletter: Subscribe to our e.newsletter to find out about all of Willoughby’s events and activities.
Back to Event Listing
Processing your booking, do not refresh your page