Family Water Safety Day
Start Date & Time:
Sunday, 30 April 2017 10:00 am
End Date & Time:
Sunday, 30 April 2017 04:00 pm
Willoughby Leisure Centre, Small Street, Willoughby
This event provides an opportunity to:
- Chat to experts at the information booths (from 10 am).
- Equip yourself with water survival techniques in the simulated rip currents (from 12noon).
- Participate in water activities including swim skills assessment and adult learn to swim classes.
- Learn how to wear, use and pick the right life jacket.
- Purchase discounted life jackets through the ‘Old4New Lifejacket Upgrade’ program.
- Listen to presentations on how to respond in case of emergencies when fishing, swimming or boating to prevent drowning.
- Find out the facilities and programs Willoughby Leisure Centre offers.
- Enjoy a sausage sizzle at a small cost, with funds going to the Willoughby Swim Club.
Note: Bring your swimwear if you plan to participate in the water activities.
This event is presented by Council in partnership with Department of Primary Industries, Transport for NSW & Maritime Services, Marine Rescue NSW, Recreational Fishing Alliance NSW, Surf Life Saving and Asian Women’s’ At Work Inc.
Willoughby Leisure Centre Reception on 9958 5799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Newsletter: Subscribe to our e.newsletter to find out about all of Willoughby’s events and activities.
Back to Event Listing
Processing your booking, do not refresh your page