Fauna Fair 2017
Start Date & Time:
Sunday, 26 March 2017 9:30 am
End Date & Time:
Sunday, 26 March 2017 3:00 pm
Currey Park, 10 Victor Street (Opposite Dougherty Community Centre) , Chatswood
Join us in a celebration of our wild neighbours on National Neighbours Day and find out about local wildlife, bushland and community environmental programs. Also enjoy food stalls, wildlife shows and fun kids' activities. Take away some great ideas about wildlife-friendly living and find out about the wild neighbourhood you live in.
How to get there
Download the map to Currey Park and Fauna Fair
This year at the Fauna Fair come and speak to fauna experts about wildlife and habitat and be engaged by interesting wildlife talks. Naturalist and author Martyn Robinson will be talking about spiders and insects. Martyn will also be available in the Bug House to identify photos of bugs from your home, read the bring a bug guide to find out how.
Ecologist and poet Alex Dudley will be talking frogs, reptiles and more. There will also be the long-time favourite attractions including wildlife shows and kids' activities.
Be amazed again with the return of the spectacular free-flight bird show by Feathered Friends.
There are a variety of wildlife shows, children’s discovery tour and talks. Show, Activity and Talks Timetable
Timetables will also be displayed at the Talks Tent and Show area and will be available on some stalls at the event.
Talks Tent Schedule and Speakers Profiles
- Bug House - featuring live bug shows, building a bug house activity and expert information on your backyard and household bugs
- Bird House - featuring live birds from Feathered Friends. Find out about birds, local & national conservation projects, and how you can be involved at home or through Citizen Science
- Tree House - talk to experts about the great value of neighbourhood trees and hollows, plus the how and why of protecting them
- Bushcare & Willoughby Wildlife - find out how to be involved in the large community of people who enjoy and help protect our bushland and its wildlife
- Walks - Find out about walks and engaging activities for young old in our local bushland
- Community Gardening & Sustainability - learn about the principles of organic and wildlife friendly gardening and council-run programs like Food Swap and Garden Share
- Companion Animals - responsible pet ownership
- Bird House - featuring live birds from Feathered Friends and Birdlife. Find out about birds, local & national conservation projects, and how you can get involved
- Wildlife craft activity with Willoughby Park Centre
- Alex Dudley - Search and discover lizards of Willoughby
- Building a bug house
- Pets drawing competition at the Companion Animals stall
- Hot food
- Cake stall
Also featuring Willoughby Friends of Ossu & Fair Traders selling goods to help our neighbours abroad.
- Australian Wildlife Displays
- Bee's Business
- Better Business
- Birds in Backyards / Powerful Owl Project / Birdlife
- Cat Protection Society
- Community Gardeners / Sustainability
- Companion Animals Committee
- East Willoughby Pre-school Cakes
- Feathered Friends
- Frog and Tadpole Study Group (FATS)
- Forsyth Coffee
- Hollows as Homes - New Citizen Science initiative
- Rangers on the Run
- Arborist Margo Blues - Tall Trees and Termites
- Sydney Wildlife
- Willoughby Park Kid's Activities
- Willoughby City Council Bushcare
- Willoughby City Council Bushland Team
- Willoughby City Council Walks
- Willoughby Friends of Ossu
- Wildlife Willoughby Group
- Willoughby Wildlife Protection Association (WEPA)
This event is part of the Sydney Sustainable Living Festival.
For the full program visit aaeensw.org.au/SSLF or www.slf.org.au/sydney
Liz Powell on 0297777871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Newsletter: Subscribe to our e.newsletter to find out about all of Willoughby’s events and activities.
Back to Event Listing
Processing your booking, do not refresh your page