To assist with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Council approved two Business Support packages. An initial package in March 2020 injected $2.3 million in rental and fee relief with an update in October 2020 having another $0.5 million earmarked.
The current direct support for business is:
- Fee concession - Charging has stopped for any business that normally pays a fee to council for footway dining and advertising.
- Rent relief - Small businesses and not for profits leasing council-owned premises. Email us with details of your request using the subject ‘Rent Business Support’.
Keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 updates from NSW Health.
Economic Recovery Plan
To assist with recovery from the pandemic, Council approved an Economic Recovery Plan(PDF, 3MB) in November 2020. The Economic Recovery Plan aims to:
- Build confidence in the local economy through engagement with business, and improving access to information and data
- Support business through the Business Support Package, creating local purchasing programs, providing rent relief, offering grants, paying local business invoices in 7 days, and establishing local training programs
- Increase Chatswood CBD activity through local events and activities and building on the strength of the Mall Markets with additional outdoor dining and food and drink options.
Grants and financial assistance
Council’s free Grant Finder service provides a comprehensive list of available grant and funding opportunities.
COVID safe industry plans
COVID-19 safety plans are comprehensive checklists designed by NSW Health and approved by the Chief Health Officer. The plans provide clear directions on how businesses and organisations should fulfil their obligations under Public Health Orders to minimise risk of transmission of COVID-19 on their premises.
Mental health support
If you are struggling with your mental health, please contact: