Membership is free and available to all NSW residents.
Willoughby City Library Services encompasses Chatswood Library on The Concourse, Artarmon Library, Castle Cove Library, Naremburn Library, Northbridge Library and West Chatswood Library with a community library at Castlecrag, and a home library service.
Simply fill in the online form and then visit one of the Willoughby City libraries with proof of your current name and address (driver's licence, rate notice, telephone account) to collect your Library card. If you are under 18 years of age, you will also need to bring the Under 18 membership consent form (44.81 KB), signed by a parent or guardian along with a copy of your parent's licence. Your card will give you access to any Shorelink library (Lane Cove, Manly, Mosman and North Sydney).
Some of the many benefits you will enjoy include:
- Borrowing for 3 weeks at a time:
- 20 books and/or magazines
- 16 DVDs
- 8 CDs
- 8 Audio books
- 4 ESL/language Kits
- Renewing items conveniently online
- Use of our online catalogue for quick and efficient searches
- Keeping informed with our events and activities
- Using PCs at the library
- Getting online easily and for free with WiFi
Reserving an Item
For a small non-refundable fee, you may reserve items that are out on loan, new titles and items on order, using the online catalogue. There is a minimum fee of $2.50.
To place a Reserve:
- Find the item you want in the online catalogue.
- Click on Reserve.
- Enter your Library barcode and Password/PIN to place the reserve.
- A new window will open. Check the details are correct, select the Library branch you wish to collect the item from, then click on Reserve.
To place a reserve on a multi-volume item, magazine, or an item listed as ‘on the shelf’ you will need to contact the library.
If you want to place a hold on an item in another Shorelink library you will need to click through to the library you want from the menu at the bottom of the page.
Willoughby City Library Reservation Service Terms and Conditions
You can reserve items using the online catalogue. Reservations within Willoughby Libraries are $2.50 per item. Reservations from Shorelink Libraries are $3.00 per item.
- Customers must supply an email address in their patron details to be able to make online reservations
- Only adult, junior and YA materials classified as fiction, non-fiction or DVD will be supplied if not on loan, e.g picture books, paperbacks, CDs, magazine issues will only be processed if they are on loan
- Items will be sent to the Library you nominate when placing the reserve.
- Items will be held for collection for 10 days from the date of email notification.
- The reservation fee will be charged whether or not the item is collected.
- The charge for placing a hold at Chatswood, Castle Cove, Artarmon, Naremburn, Northbridge or West Chatswood is $2.50 per item.
On or before the due date, you may renew items online through the Library Catalogue, in person at any Willoughby City library, or by phone on 9777 7900. Items may be renewed twice if they are not reserved for another library member.
- Go to the online catalogue and select the My Login tab. Enter your Library barcode and Password/PIN.
- Click on Items on loan.
- Click on the box beside each item you wish to renew, then click on Renew.
- Check and note the new due date. Items not accepted for renewal must be returned by the original due date.
You may return books and magazines to any of the Shorelink libraries, but all other items (including DVDs, language kits, etc) and items borrowed from non-Shorelink libraries must be returned to the library from which they were borrowed.
Suggestions for purchase and ILL
To suggest an item for purchase or place a reserve on an item from another library, please fill in the form found under the Suggestion tab.
Your Password/PIN may be the first three letters of your street name or a password/pin you have created.
If you have forgotten your Password/PIN or have any other questions you can get help from the library, by emailing email@example.com or phoning 9777 7900.
Overdue fines: 30c per day per item payable by all Willoughby Library members and all members of other Shorelink Libraries.