2018 Media Releases
Ignite your taste buds at Light Market
14 May 2018
Give your senses a full workout at Vivid Sydney at Chatswood by experiencing Light Market, a pop up international food market created from recycled materials and lit by lasers. See the dazzling installations, hear the funky beats and most of all taste and smell the tantalising food from around 20 stalls in Chatswood Mall, each one created from everything from glomesh bags to lava lamps and industrial waste, from 25 May – 16 June.
Foodies will be in heaven as they try to eat their way around the world:
- Zahara Grill - take an exotic trip to the Middle East
- Sofrito Paella - escape to sunny Spain
- That Arancini Guy - experience Italian food that any Nona would be proud of
- Fritz’s Wieners - discover the taste of Germany
Home grown favourites are also well represented as some of Sydney’s most iconic names in food roll into town:
- Mary’s Burgers - the original Newtown burger joint that started Sydney’s burger revolution
- Black Star Pastry - making Sydney salivate for a decade
- Agape Organic - Organic Chef Simon Lawson brings his famous organic fare to the streets of Sydney.
And of course you’ll still have room for some of the tempting desserts:
Light Market is inspired by the incredible and complex architecture of shanty towns. The impressive structure is designed by Geoff Cobham. It is being built by Light Market producer Victoria Harbutt and Sydney-based scaffold sculpture artist and Light Market production manager, Alejandro Rolandi.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood is run by Willoughby City Council and supported by Precinct Contributors Chatswood Interchange, Chatswood Chase Sydney and Westfield Chatswood.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood is presented as part of Vivid Sydney, which is owned, managed and produced by Destination NSW, the NSW Government’s major events and tourism agency. The Chatswood precinct is created by Bluebottle, Modelbox Design, Sydney University and Amigo & Amigo.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood is on every evening from 5.30pm - 10.30pm, 25 May to 16 June. For more information visit Vivid Sydney at Chatswood.
Acting Marketing and Events Manager
Phone: 9777 7703
Mobile: 0455 061 700
For non media related enquiries contact Willoughby City Council on 9777 1000 or email@example.com