2017 Media Releases
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood: Getting There – Plan Your Visit
22 May 2017
Locals and visitors are being encouraged to use public transport to visit Vivid Sydney, the world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas, when it comes to Chatswood from 26 May - 17 June.
A variety of other transport options, including accessible tours and parking are also available. The combination of options seeks to enhance the visitor experience, allow ease of access to the Chatswood CBD and ensure the event is as sustainable as possible.
Public Transport – Bus and Train
The Chatswood Interchange has both trains and buses travelling in and out of Chatswood, and is the best place to start your Vivid Sydney at Chatswood experience.
Make sure you have an Opal card for quick access. Use the Trip planner to plan your visit.
By Train: The T1 North Shore and Northern Line has regular services to the City and Hornsby via Macquarie University. Services run at regular intervals until after midnight, including Sundays.
By Bus: Due to road closures, the bus stop on Victoria Avenue at The Concourse will temporarily relocate to Archer Street from 7pm on Thursdays and Fridays and 5pm Saturdays, and the long weekend Sunday (11 June).
Taxi: Taxi ranks can be found on the corner of Victoria Avenue and Railway Street, on the western side of Chatswood Interchange. For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit NSW Taxis.
Road Closures and Clearways
Traffic control and clearways will take place in the Chatswood CBD during the event period with road closures on the busiest nights of the festival. The bus stop at the Victoria Avenue entrance to Chatswood Chase Sydney will temporarily relocated further east to the next bus stop on Victoria Avenue.
Thursdays & Fridays
- Victoria Avenue (between Anderson St South to Archer St) will be closed from 7pm to 10:30pm.
- Tulip Street (Westbound closed) and Daisy St (Eastbound closed) will be closed from 7pm to 10:30pm.
- The right hand turn from Ashley Street into the Pacific Highway, and the left hand turn from Pacific Highway into Ashley St will cease to operate from 7pm to 10:30pm.
Saturdays & Long Weekend Sunday (11 June)
- Victoria Avenue (between Anderson St South to Archer St) will be closed from 5pm to 10:30pm.
- Tulip Street (Westbound closed) and Daisy St (Eastbound closed) will be closed from 5pm to 10:30pm.
- The right hand turn from Ashley Street into the Pacific Highway, and the left hand turn from Pacific Highway into Ashley St will cease to operate from 5pm to 10:30pm.
Visit Vivid Sydney for an interactive map showing road closure and clearway dates, times and locations.
You can also find information on traffic conditions by visiting Live Traffic NSW, downloading a real-time traffic app from the App Store or Google Play, or calling 132 701.
The Vivid Sydney at Chatswood light walk is fully accessible for wheelchairs and prams. Monday to Wednesday nights are generally less busy and visitors with access requirements are encouraged to plan their visit earlier in the week.
Assisted Tour Experience - Don’t miss your chance to see Vivid Sydney at Chatswood on a specially designed accessible tour for seniors and people with poor mobility. Join the accessible tour for a light supper at Blend Café in the Dougherty Community Centre (7 Victor Street, Chatswood), and tour of the Chatswood CBD via organised transport and slow walk.
- 5pm - 7pm, Tuesday 30 May and Tuesday 13 June
- Transport available from your home for Willoughby residents
- Cost: $10 per person
- Bookings are essential on 9777 7824
If travelling by car, the best places to park are Chatswood Chase Sydney, Westfield Chatswood, The Concourse and Albert Avenue car parks. Traffic may be heavy so allow plenty of extra travel time.
For more information on transport options, tours and road closures during Vivid Sydney at Chatswood, visit vividsydney.com/transport or visitchatswood.com.au for detailed traffic and walking maps.
Acting Marketing and Events Manager
Phone: 9777 7703
Mobile: 0455 061 700
For non media related enquiries contact Willoughby City Council on 9777 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org