Gore Hill Park Redevelopment - Stage 1- Construction Commenced
Posted: Wednesday, 29 November 2017
Willoughby Council identified there was an opportunity to provide a greater range of much needed active and passive recreational opportunities at Gore Hill Park, whilst at the same time, create a park and playground for use by local residents, workers, visitors to the hospital and the wider community.
The objective of Gore Hill Park Redevelopment is to increase the number of people, the range of people and the range of times that people can use Gore Hill Park. Gore Hill Park Redevelopment Stage 1 works have now commenced and include:
- Re-aligning the existing oval and installing a synthetic playing surface with cricket wicket
- The construction of a regional playground, associated outdoor ball courts and outdoor gym
- The construction of a perimeter walking track
- Public domain works to facilitate access and public spaces
- The installation of an on-site storm water detention system
- The construction of a modular building including pavilion, change rooms and toilet facilities
- Upgrading and re-aligning the Southern car park.
Gore Hill Oval Redevelopment Stage 1 Master Plan
During these major upgrade works portions of Gore Hill Park will be unavailable for use, including the Southern Car Park and Gore Hill Oval. Additional parking arrangements will be available in the Gore Hill upper car park closest to the North Shore Hospital side of Gore Hill Park.
Council needs to cater for a growing and changing population in the St Leonards, wider Willoughby, North Sydney and Lane Cove areas and these plans will help us to do that.
The project is due for completion in January 2019.
Thank you for your understanding while we work to provide improved facilities to the community. If you have any questions please call Willoughby City Council on 02 9777 1000.
>> View all announcements