Dougherty Centre - At Home With Willoughby Services
Posted: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
We understand the rapidly developing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is creating concern for our community. The health and safety of clients in our care are our top priority and we hope that action taken now will make our recovery from the pandemic speedier.
Following the advice of health authorities on social distancing practices, we have decided to suspend all non-essential gatherings at this time. It is a decision that we have not taken lightly and it is disappointing for us, our volunteers and for you, our clients.
Suspended non-essential gatherings
From today these services are suspended until further notice:
- Social outings / bus trips
- Home Visiting
- Wednesday Social Activities Group
- Social Lunches
- Walking Group
- Senior Citizens group
- Chatter Cino Dementia Café
Linen service and Meals on Wheels
Linen Service and Meals on Wheels will continue and our clients have been contacted separately about any changes to their service. Here’s what we’re doing to protect our volunteers and clients:
- Volunteers will deliver food to you at your doorstep with a smile, but they’ll refrain from entering your home
- Volunteers wear gloves and use hand sanitizer during delivery and change gloves between clients
- Our volunteers are a friendly bunch, but for now we’ve asked them to refrain from physical contact like shaking hands or giving a hug
- Our stringent hygiene practices for food preparation will continue
- If volunteers are unwell we’ve asked them to cancel their volunteer shift
Some volunteers may choose to wear a mask while volunteering – please don’t be alarmed by this; this is a personal choice.
We understand there are concerns about grocery shopping and clients are experiencing difficulties with online orders. To assist our clients, these services will continue:
- Companion Shopping
- Out & About rideshare
- Weekly shopping bus with an additional service every Tuesday morning from 7am to coincide with early opening of grocery stores for elderly clients
To book the shopping bus, contact the At Home with Willoughby team on 9777 7831.
At this uncertain time, we may experience a shortage in volunteers. If this happens, we may continue services with Willoughby Council employees.
Thank you for your understanding.
>> View all announcements