COVID-19 [22 March]
Posted: Sunday, 22 March 2020
We aim to keep essential services running, within the guidelines set by the federal government. However to ensure the safety of our community, staff and volunteers all events and non-essential services will be closed from Monday 23 March.
Our waste collections and street sweepings will continue as normal.
Our essential services, including Meals on Wheels, At Home with Willoughby and Children’s services will continue, with additional hygiene and social distancing in place.
All other facilities are now closed until further notice including:
- Dougherty Centre
- Willoughby Leisure Centre
- Willoughby Libraries – Chatswood and all branches
- All sportsground pavilions
- Art Space on the Concourse
- Incinerator Art Space
- Dougherty Centre café (Blend)
- Chatswood Youth Centre
- Willoughby Park Centre
- Zenith Theatre
- Unmanned Community Facilities (West Chatswood, Naremburn, Castle Cove and Artarmon)
- Joe Ciantar Music Rehearsal Studio
Sporting groups with bookings at our facilities have been contacted about arrangements regarding ground hire. All sports grounds and outdoor spaces are still available for community use.
- ANZAC ceremony - 25 April
- Heritage Festival
Community Information Seminar – The Future of Transport – 23 March
The Concourse has taken the difficult decision to cancel or reschedule all performances until the 31 March. Ticket holders will be contacted by the box office.
Dougherty Community Centre
- Seniors Social Lunch – 8 April
Live Well In Willoughby
- Bike Maintenance – 26 March
- Food Swap – 3 April
- Wild Places – Building Clay Habitats – 4 April
- Fashion Revolution – 23 April
- Composting and Worm Farming -30 April
- Repair Café – closed for April
- Alice in Wonderland – 18 – 22 March – performances have been postponed. Ticket holders will be contacted to discuss alternative dates.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood
22 May – 13 June
Unfortunately at Vivid Sydney at Chatswood has been cancelled on the requirement of the Australian Government, the NSW Government and health authorities regarding non-essential, organised gatherings of more than 500 people.
Please continue to check our website for further updates about scheduled events and activities and subscribe to our emergency communications mailing list.
>> View all announcements