COVID-19 - Keeping our Community Safe
Posted: Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Willoughby City Council is committed to continuing services and facilities to our community. The health and safety of our community, staff and volunteers are our top priority.
All facilities remain open including our libraries, Willoughby Leisure Centre, Dougherty Community Centre, MOSAIC, Incinerator Art Space, Art Space on The Concourse and childcare centres and we have introduced additional cleaning within highly used facilities.
All services, such as rubbish collection and street cleaning, will be delivered as usual.
Chatswood Mall Markets remain operational on 19 and 20 March.
Following the Australian Government and health authorities advice to practise social distancing strategies to combat the spread of Covid 19, Council has taken the decision to cancel a number of non-essential events. We are aware of the importance of these events to our community but trust our community’s understanding of the need for such measures. These cancellations include:
- Harmony Day Singing in Harmony community choir – 21 March
- Willoughby Symphony Orchestra Dreamscape – 4 April – ticket holders will be contacted by The Concourse box office to discuss exchange options
- Talks@Willoughby presents Caroline Overington speaking about Missing William Tyrrell – 24 March
- Turning Your Dream Home into a Reality – 18 March
- Talks@Willoughby presents Adam Courtenay speaking about The Ghost and the Bounty Hunter – 8 April
- Sydney Writers’ Festival - Heather Rose: Bruny – 30 April
- Sydney Writers’ Festival - Tim Flannery: Life – 1 May
- Library Children’s Programs - all regular children’s programs at Chatswood Library and all branch libraries, including Storytimes, Little Dragon, Ninja Kids, Little Bear, Toddler Time, Baby Bounce, LEGO® Clubs, and Fri-Yay - Friday Fun at Northbridge Library are cancelled until further notice.
Dougherty Community Centre
- Dance to the Nines – 20 March
- Seniors Social Lunch – 8 April
- Alice in Wonderland – 18 – 22 March – performances have been postponed. Ticket holders will be contacted to discuss alternative dates.
- Community Information Seminar – The Future of Transport – 23 March | This will no longer be a public event. The speakers presentation will be recorded and made available on Council’s website for viewing.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood
22 May – 13 June
Unfortunately at Vivid Sydney at Chatswood has been cancelled on the requirement of the Australian Government, the NSW Government and health authorities regarding non-essential, organised gatherings of more than 500 people.
Please continue to check our website for further updates about scheduled events and activities.
More information on COVID-19
Please see NSW Health website or the Australian Government Department of Health for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
>> View all announcements