COVID-19 [19 March]
Posted: Thursday, 19 March 2020
The Australian Prime Minister yesterday (18 March) announced additional measures to try to reduce the spread of COVID-19. He advised to limit indoor non- essential gatherings to 100 people or less and outdoor events to 500 people or less, but stressed that ‘social distancing’ must still be practiced.
We aim to keep as many services and facilities running as long we can, within the guidelines set by the federal government. However to ensure the safety of our community, staff and volunteers we’ve cancelled events and have encouraged social distancing across our facilities.
Our waste collections and street sweepings will continue as normal. Our other services, particularly Meals on Wheels and shopping bus for elderly will continue, with additional hygiene and social distancing in place.
All facilities remain open including Dougherty Community Centre, MOSAIC, Incinerator Art Space, Art Space on The Concourse and childcare centres and we have introduced additional cleaning within highly used facilities.
There have been a number of modifications to the services at Chatswood Library. The Castlecrag Community Library will be closed until further notice.
The Willoughby Leisure Centre remains open with a number of modifications. All swimming lessons have been cancelled. Kids Klub (school holiday activities) is going ahead. Read about how we’re protecting our staff and members.
- ANZAC ceremony - 25 April
- Harmony Day Singing in Harmony community choir – 21 March
- Willoughby Symphony Orchestra Dreamscape – 4 April – ticket holders will be contacted by The Concourse box office to discuss exchange options
- Talks@Willoughby presents Caroline Overington speaking about Missing William Tyrrell – 24 March
- Turning Your Dream Home into a Reality – 18 March
- Talks@Willoughby presents Adam Courtenay speaking about The Ghost and the Bounty Hunter – 8 April
- Sydney Writers’ Festival - Heather Rose: Bruny – 30 April
- Sydney Writers’ Festival - Tim Flannery: Life – 1 May
- Library Children’s Programs - all regular children’s programs at Chatswood Library and all branch libraries, including Storytimes, Little Dragon, Ninja Kids, Little Bear, Toddler Time, Baby Bounce, LEGO® Clubs, and Fri-Yay - Friday Fun at Northbridge Library are cancelled until further notice.
Dougherty Community Centre
- Dance to the Nines – 20 March
- Seniors Social Lunch – 8 April
Live Well In Willoughby
- Bike Maintenance – 26 March
- Food Swap – 3 April
- Fashion Revolution – 23 April
- Composting and Worm Farming -30 April
- Sydney Edible Garden Trail – 21 & 22 March
- Loving Spiders – 22 March
- Alice in Wonderland – 18 – 22 March – performances have been postponed. Ticket holders will be contacted to discuss alternative dates.
- Community Information Seminar – The Future of Transport – 23 March
This will no longer be a public event. The speakers’ presentations will be recorded and made available on Council’s website for viewing.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood
22 May – 13 June
Unfortunately at Vivid Sydney at Chatswood has been cancelled on the requirement of the Australian Government, the NSW Government and health authorities regarding non-essential, organised gatherings of more than 500 people.
Please continue to check our website for further updates about scheduled events and activities and subscribe to our emergency communications mailing list - https://bit.ly/3d7NMQG
>> View all announcements