Heritage Plaques

Main House, Mowbray House School

Mowbray Road, opposite Hampdon Road, Chatswood

Mr Lance Bavin opened the Chatswood Preparatory School in 1906. In 1914 the name was changed to The School and then Mowbray House School. The Main House was built in 1906. Designed with a view to further extensions it contained various offices and function rooms, as well as a dormitory accommodating twenty-five boys. The school closed in 1954. The Electricity Commission acquired the land in 1953.