Family Day Care
Family Day Care is a flexible child care service, which allows registered educators to look after babies and children in the educator’s home. Council operates the Willoughby City Council Family Day Care. Those wishing to enrol their child need to fill out a Waitlist Form (63.16 KB)
Family Day Care Schemes are licensed through the Department of Education under the Education and Care Services National Regulation, comply with the Family Day Care Australia National Standards, and participate in the National Quality Standards Quality Assurance process.
Fees may be reduced if families are eligible for the Child Care Benefit.
The Willoughby City Council Family Day Care Co-ordination Unit staff supervise the selection of educators, the placement of children, and offer training programmes and support to educators to ensure they are complying with the National Regulation and providing the best quality care possible. The staff have a range of qualifications, including Bachelor of Teaching/Education in Early Childhood and Diploma in Children's Services, and may have experience as a Family Day Care educator.
Educators may come from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. Some may have formal qualifications in Early Childhood, whilst others may have many years experience working with young children. There is a stringent screening and induction process to ensure that educators have the skills and knowledge to provide a quality service. At a minimum, educators must pass a Working With Children Check, be fully insured and have a current first aid certificate. Their home must comply with the safety requirements of the National Regulation.
Small Business Opportunity
Start an Education and Care Service in your own home with the support of Willoughby City Council Family Day Care.
Enjoy the following benefits:
- Regularly organised Playsessions
- Parents needing care referred to you
- Regular and high profile promotion
- Training and skills development
- A support network
Build a career:
- Choose your own hours of work
- Earn up to $40 an hour
- Work from home
- Experience the satisfaction of caring for the communities children
- Live in Willoughby or Lane Cove LGA
- Want to manage a small business in your own home
- Enjoy providing a secure and stimulating environment for babies, toddlers and young children
- Can provide an enclosed yard or have an outdoor play area nearby
- Are willing to register with Council’s FDC scheme
- Have a Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (or Certificate in Children’s Services), are currently enrolled in such a course or are willing to enrol prior to commencing with the scheme
Then contact Willoughby City Council Family Day Care on 9777 7839 or email@example.com.